Monday, December 22, 2008

Day Four....I think?

So today was my first day alone with both boys. William woke up pretty cranky and ended up taking an extra morning nap. I think that his poor body is needing a little extra sleep to heal.

So during one of his morning diaper changes I looked up the back of his cast and realized that maybe some of the runny poop from yesterday had gotten up his back and the cast was pulling apart and sticking to his skin. I called the nurse who told me to clean it out as best I could with a damp cloth. Then to use the hair dryer on cool and try to dry it out. It was pretty gross and the smell was horrible. She said you can hold a dryer sheet in front of the dryer and that helps the smell. So I spent much of the day with him on his side or tummy watching cartoons and drying out. When my husband came home he had the thought to use some of our unused cloth diapers to put up the back to soak up some moisture. It did seem a little dryer after we tried that.

His brother continues to have trouble. He was pulling on his hand today telling William to "come on build tower." So I propped Willie up in his bean bag and had their daddy sat and helped them play together. At one point William rubbed JT"s head and said "I love you JT." How sweet. They don't know what's going on...especially JT. JT kept asking for my husband and his grandparents...I think he's wanting some attention. Tonight my parents came over to help and JT wanted to go home with them. We're going to let him sleep over there by himself tomorrow to get some special attention.

Well I'm off to bed, this whole experience is exhausting. We head to the doctor tomorrow so we'll see what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment