Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post Holiday

I am so thankful that the holiday came. It was a great distraction for William. We had a lot of time with family which meant extra hands to give Mike and I a little break. Plus the new toys really got William playing again. Santa brought him legos and he will now sit with his big bucket of legos and build with them.

His pain seems to have improved a lot. At this point we really only give tylenol or ibuprofen and mainly just before nap and bedtime. I have noticed a pattern though- he seems to have at least one melt down a day. It seems as if something like being tired or hungry will frustrate him and he just is inconsolable for a few minutes. I think this is fair..I know I would probably throw a fit once a day if I was in a body cast too.

As far as his cast...we put some of the waterproof tape around where they had cut away part of the cast. This has helped a lot. His cast has been staying pretty dry around his diaper. We still use the hair dryer on him everyday to make sure it is dry, plus he seems to enjoy the having the cool air in his cast.

Things are going pretty smoothly now that we have gotten into the groove. We plan to keep him home next week but may try going back to the daycare a little bit after the new year. As long as I am there and can help take care of him I think he may enjoy getting out. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment