Tuesday, December 23, 2008

First Doctor Follow-up Day Five

So we had put cloth diapers up the back of his cast to get some of the moisture out. We woke up twice during the night to check to see if it was very wet. When I woke up he was dry as a bone so I didn't mess with it. Then Mike woke up and changed him and the cloth diaper was pretty dry so it seemed to have done a good job. He woke up around 5am and was clearly still tired so I put himj in bed with me and he went back to sleep. He seems to sleep better in our bed so we are letting him sleep in our bed tonight.

We took JT to daycare today because we had to go to the doctors office. JT was not happy when we dropped him off. I was going to try and let William eat with thier class but JT was so upset that we just left and he calmed down. His teachers said he really had fun playing and that I should drop him more often. I just want him home with me if I'm home. Maybe it would be better to keep to his routine but I know he notices when his brother is not there. Who knows what's best?

So William and I went to the doctor and had an x-ray done. The brake didn't look much better to me. He told me it could take a month for him to walk again and that he may have a limp for a while. Also his one leg might be shorter then the other. If it is considerably shorter like and inch or more they may intervene when he is older and slow the growth of the other leg to let the one catch up. Then we checked out the poopy cast situation and he said they could cut it out. Then we headed down to see the cast tech who sawed out part of the back of his cast. This was a little upsetting to William....just kidding, it was extremely upsetting! He freaked and I had to hold him and he was screaming bloddy murder. The saw is pretty loud and if you don't know it's coming or understand why it could be pretty scary. I was glad to get the yucky cast piece gone. After cutting out the piece he added more padding and while doing so William fell asleep. Poor baby it was two hours past his nap time.

We head back to the doctor in one week. He said that as long as the degree of seperation between the bone stays the same that they won't have to do another cast. So only time will tell.

JT is spending the night alone with his grandparents, so hopefully that will give him some special attention. I think it will be good for him to just get away and not have to think about his brother's condition for a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment